Join us for the launch of the special issue of the Moving Worlds journal to commemorate the 1916 Easter Rising. Speakers will include Professor Shirley Chew (General Editor of Moving Worlds), Assoc Prof Neil Murphy, editor of the collection, Boey Kim Cheng, Richard Barlow and Lim Lee Ching.
The evening promises to offer new perspectives on the events of Easter Week 1916. Boey Kim Cheng will speak of the resonance of Yeats’ Easter 1916 in other postcolonial nations and its influence on his own development as a writer, while Lim Lee Ching will read the poem in Mandarin. Richard Barlow of NYU will consider Joyce’s reaction of the Rising.
Supper will follow the launch.
1. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
No parking is available on the night.
2. Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
3. Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
4. Can I update my registration information?
5. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes – please print your ticket and present it on the night.
6. The name on the registration/ticket doesn’t match the attendee. Is that okay?
7. What is the dress code?
The dress code is informal.
Click HERE to register.