The Irish Chamber of Commerce is delighted to organise a wine tasting evening, with Merchants at Duxton, on Wednesday June 17th. Guiding us through an evening of taste will be Jason Schwarz of Schwarz Wine Company.
Schwarz Wine Company’s aim is simple; to produce hand-crafted wines from Barossa Valley old vines and allow the finished product to speak of the ground and vintage from which it comes.
The small-batch, boutique wines are made by Jason Schwarz to express the characters of their variety, the Barossa, and its sub-regions. Jason’s wines are highly rated by eminent wine critics James Halliday and Lisa Perotti-Brown.
While there will be plenty of wine enjoyed, and people to meet, we will also hear the story behind the founding of Merchants in Singapore, and gain an insight to their interesting business model that has helped them grow from one, to three enterprises here in Singapore.
Pop the date in your diary – tickets on sale Wednesday 3rd, and limited availability.
Wine tasting details:
Jason Schwarz the owner and winemaker will guide your guests through a deep exploration of five of Schwarz Wine Company’s wines.
1. Schwarz Wine Company Dust Kicker Chenin Blanc 2013 “..attractive, juicy fruit salad flavours, with plenty of grapefruit in the fruit salad. 250 dozen made.”
Rated 90 points by James Halliday.
2. Schwarz Wine Company Thiele Road Grenache Medium bodied on the palate with well-defined red cherry and redcurrant fruit characters with a dash of high-toned cranberry giving the wine a delicious lift. Hints of red licorice, Barossa earth, gingerbread and spice biscuits combine with notes of raspberry compote, jasmine, gently spiced seasoned oak and milk chocolate to provide a heady mix of flavours.
Rated 90 points by Lisa Perotti-Brown.
3. Schwarz Wine Company Dust Kicker Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2012 Red cherry, dark plum and blackberry with higher tones of cranberry. There are hints of Asian spice, gingerbread, dark soy sauce, licorice and chocolate along with notes of violets, dried orange peel and gentle, seasoned oak aromas further in the background. Medium-bodied in the mouth with delicious crunchy redcurrant and red cherry characters along with deeper flavours of blackberry and black plum. Rated 95 points by James Halliday.
4. Schwarz Wine Company Dust Kicker Shiraz 2012 Deep, rich and dark fruits on the nose, including dark plum, blackberry, blackcurrant and a hint of blueberry. Barossa earth, rosemary, licorice and dark chocolate and the well-judged, seasoned oak is a seamless support act. Plenty of rich Barossa fruit flavours on the palate with blueberry, blackberry, blackcurrant and plum. Rated 94 points by James Halliday.
5. Schwarz Wine Company The Schiller Shiraz 2010 Intense aromas of blackberry, blackcurrant and macerated black plums with notes of cassis and kirsch. There are hints of deep- set spice in the form of clove, five spice, nutmeg and cinnamon along with flashes of Dutch licorice, Barossa earth, “Old Jamaican” chocolate, polished leather, fruitcake and judicious spicy oak.
Rated 96 points by James Halliday.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKET HERE
Register for the Event Here
Bookings are closed for this event.