The Farmleigh Fellowship is seeking applications for the position of Programme Director, based in Singapore.
Full details of this exciting opportunity are below.
The Famleigh Fellowship
The Farmleigh Fellowship was established in 2009 as a not for profit initiative founded by members of the Irish Diaspora in Asia. The Fellowship’s goal is to develop a critical mass of highly skilled young Irish professionals with a profound understanding and first hand experience of Asia and who will spearhead a greater business, political and cultural engagement between Ireland and this region.
- Executes on the strategy of the Board of Directors by developing an operational plan complete with relevant metrics to reach stated goals.
- Within the operational plan, to act self sufficiently and pro-actively while reporting actively.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders across a variety of media.
- Acts as a professional advisor to the board on all operational matters.
- Management and preparation of budgets.
- Direct supervision of the day to day tasks.
- including guiding administrative staff.
- Promotion of initiatives through PR and marketing activities including new media.
- Recruitment of students to the various initiatives including screening, interview and selection.
- Recruitment of sponsor companies through direct marketing and company visits.
- Co-ordinate with C-level student mentors to ensure students are supported holistically.
- Organizing many diverse networking and social events, site visits and external speakers.
- Generation of meaningful reports and financial statements for Board of Directors.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role within business or within a not-for-profit initiative.
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments, especially in Asia.
- Strong sales/marketing or fund-raising experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passionate about international education – experience in this sector or in public policy would be desirable.
- Experienced in secretariat functions such as minute taking, board resolutions, financials.
- Experience managing the needs and concerns of diverse stakeholders while firmly focused on strategic direction.
- Self-starter and independent with strong focus on business development.